Monday, July 23, 2007

There's No Crying in Reality TV!

So we watch a lot of reality TV in our house. Actually, Jocelyn watches it, and I sit here making witty, a.k.a. obnoxious comments. Yeah, I know it's not the most mature thing, but I'd go crazy if I sat here watching this garbage without making some kind of comment. I mean how can you watch So You Think You Can Dance, Big Brother, America's Got Talent, Age of Love, Pirate Master, etc. and not make comments. As an aside, if I were to end up in Hell, I'm certain it would consist of me being forced to watch So You Think You Can Dance over and over. I can think of nothing worse. I can't.

One disturbing trend that I've noticed in these shows is people are constantly crying. Why so sad? I'm anything but sympathetic and take great pleasure in ridiculing and laughing at these cry babies as they sob for all of America to see. Don't these people realize they look terrible! No one looks good crying. And those close ups of their sobbing face look hideous. The worst offender is some chick on Big Brother. She's constantly sobbing and her face looks like a boxer's that just went 10 rounds in a prize fight. Not exactly the image you want to present to America. Here's some pictures to back up my point.
Someone needs to shake this girl and tell her, "Stop it!" "Just stop it" "You look like an idiot!"
I wish all this crying would stop, but I guess psychologically unstable cry babies make for good TV. Anyway, I wish these people would buck up and stop all the crying. Until they do, I guess I'll be sitting here laughing at them.

3 comments:

Brentalfloss said...

Do you recall Julie, the LDS girl on MTV's The Real World in New Orleans in 2000?
Every time I turned it on she was doing an interview crying "I've just been so sheltered... I can't believe there are people in the world who drink Mnt Dew everyday...(Sob sob sob)."

Justin said...

We're so with you. Deanne and I are big Big Brother fans. The crying is way over the top for us... but it's like watching a train wreck!!

shannon said...

I've never seen that show, but seriously Ben, you are hilarious! I love the comment about the Boxer going 10 rounds...seriously dying!